Re: BTS, forwarded, and known bugs

Lalo Martins wrote:
> Sorry if this is a FAQ, but...
>
> If a bug is already known, what should I do? Forward? Mark it as
> forwarded without actually forwarding? Maybe a new state should
> exist, parallel to "forwarded", to mark the bug as "known" by
> the upstream developers?

In this case, I would consider mailing the author a note that someone else
is experiencing the bug, just because they might appreciate the feedback,
and it might make them tend to work on it. If I did that, forwarding it the
normal way would work. If you decided against that, and you were sure the author
already was aware of the bug, you could use control@bugs.debian.org to
change the bug's status to forwarded without actually bothering the author
about it.

--
see shy jo