Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source? (was Re; non-cd...)

Hi,
>>"Steve" == Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> writes:

 Steve>     Manoj, have you read the license?  I have, just now.  There license
 Steve> doesn't state ANY restrictions about distribution of programs
 Steve> that are staticly or dynamicly linked.  In fact, the only
 Steve> point it makes about it is this:

	Indeed. I just read the licence; and while it certainly is non
 free, it is indeed quite legel for us to distribute qt. I apologize;
 I should have checked personally before contributing to the FUD about
 Qt.

	Of course, we still can't distribute stuff under GPL that is
 linked with Qt (I am given to believe that kdebase is one such
 package).

	manoj
--
 Seeing danger where there is no danger, and not seeing danger where
 there is, by holding to wrong views people go to a bad rebirth. 317