Re: Time for some Clarity (KDE, Qt, Open Source...)

Kevin Atkinson <kevina@clark.net> wrote:
> > Also, I think you're moving from discussing technical issues to
> > personal criticism. If you would please limit yourself to discussing
> > objective facts, maybe we'd have something to talk about.
>
> Yes I am, but not you in particular.  The people who are trying to
> distort the goals of the KDE and Qt project.

I think I don't like your morals.

> > Which is a fine goal as long as it doesn't override our underlying
> > quality and distribution goals.
>
> That is where we differ...

Quality isn't something to give up on lightly.  And the distribution
goals bear directly on that.

> > A coherent documentation section requires indexing the documentation
> > properly.  The distinct format issue is something of a red herring,
> > and is better addressed by a proper mime-capable viewer.
>
> Why? All of them can get converted very nicly in HTML.

This makes programs which require the other formats stop working.
This makes features go away.

For example, HTML doesn't print as nicely as some other formats.

--
Raul