Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source? (was Re; non-cd...)

Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> wrote:
>     I did, maybe you weren't clear in what you wrote?

I was discussing the licensing conflict between KDE and Qt.

I'm willing to be corrected, of course -- perhaps I was writing about
something else? Please point me at the appropriate messages.

> >[and, in another message]:
>
>    Another *PRIVATE* message, I'd appreciate it if private communications
> were kept that way.

[Double checking.  Indeed.]

Sorry about that.

> >>     URL?
>
> >Do you have a URL for the KDE license?  I've already described this
> >issue several times and have already quoted relevant abstracts.  What
> >more do you want?
>
>     I was asking for a URL so I could look it over myself as I have not and
> did not want to comment further without doing so.

The KDE license is the GPL.

You can find a copy of KDE on the debian web site, under contrib.  For
example:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/hamm/contrib/source/x11/kdebase_980312.orig.tar.gz

--
Raul