Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

"Steve Lamb" wrote:
  >    I have refuted that the "project" begrudges commercial software and
              ^^^^^^^
  >reluctantly supports commercial endeavors.

You have not refuted it until all reasonable people have been convinced by
the weight of your argument.  So far, you have only denied it and argued
against it!

refute = disprove an argument by convincing proofs
deny   = say something is not so

[Part of my personal campaign against the journalistic impoverishment of
the English language.]

>>	Because these happen to be the facts of the case. As in this
>> message, I use we to mean the developers, all of us, or, in other
>> words, the debian project. Not just me. OK?
>
>    Right, and that is what I object to.  You are casting your personal bias
> onto a group of people, some of which may not agree with your personal bias.

There is nothing wrong with that.  It is highly unlikely that any group of
people will totally agree on anything.  Debian is a project with certain
ideals, which Manoj is expressing (in his own inimitable style!).  As one of
the long-term members, he is certainly entitled to say "we" in such a
discussion.   Of course, this does not mean that we have to agree with him.
     "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it
      is the power of God unto salvation to every one that
      believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
                             Romans 1:16