Re: Afterstep classic

On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 05:29:45PM +0200, Joel Rosdahl wrote:
> > I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get a hamm package for
> > 'classic afterstep' (ie. the same as afterstep from bo - not this
> > GNUStep thing).
>
> Yes, look in
>
>   ftp://rosdahl.ml.org/pub/afterstep-classic/
>
> When the GNUstep version replaced the "original" Afterstep in hamm, I
> thought of creating a new package called something like afterstep1.0
> or afterstep-classic, but I never did it due to lack of time.  I've
> got a little more time now.  Is there a general interest in such a
> package?

I was already working on the package, actually.  I'm not a Real
Maintainer<tm> yet as I haven't got a scanner or a developer to sign my PGP
key yet.  I'd been meaning to ask if I was supposed to announce my intent to
package this now or wait until I had the PGP thing figured out so I could
put in the application or what, but didn't manage to think about it while
sitting in the email client.

The package is essentially done, but I understand there were some
bugs in 1.0 and I've been trying to find information about and fixes for
them.  Also, there were some rumors that someone had picked up the source
and had begun development of Afterstep-classic..  I was hoping to verify
that rumor and the like.  Any info would be appreciated.

Some of us REALLY dislike Afterstep 1.4!