Re: On java programs & main/contrib

In my opinion, we ought to have a virtual package for each java version,
but programs should remain in contrib until they have been shown to work
with a free java implementation.

On the other hand, we don't have a "not-recommended" header that dpkg
(or apt) heeds. If we did, it would be a good idea to not-recommend
everything up to the current version for java implementations which
don't work for the package.

*shrug*

As long as bug reports are filed against the java implementations which
don't work with whatever packages, I don't know what else we can really
do at the moment.

Personally, I'd probably leave the bugs open about the virtual packages,
and make sure that a note was included to the effect that resolution of
this bug is pending (against whatever bug reports there are on the
implementations and such).

--
Raul