Re: Propersel for standerd configuration system.

Jules Bean writes ("Re: Propersel for standerd configuration system. "):
> --On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 7:53 am +0100 "Philip Hands" <phil@hands.com> wrote:
> >> The layout of the registry will be similar to Microsoft's windows
> >> registry however it will be far more powerful.
> >> So what do you think of this idea?
> >
> > IMHO The registry is the main reason that on Windows the solution to every
> > problem is ``re-install from scratch''.
>
> Search the mailing list archives.
>
> We have discussed this, in detail, quite recently.

Which mailing list ?

> COAS is a system which has something in common with your suggestions.

I went to a talk at the Linux-Kongress about COAS, and was reasonably
impressed.  I shall be discussing the implications on debian-policy.

> We opted for linuxconf, which also has something in common with our
> suggestions :-)

Who opted for linuxconf in which context ?  Technical policy decisions
are made on debian-policy.

Ian.