Re: Intenet To Package: Electric Eyes

Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
    I will shortly post an intent to package OmniORB. It is a more...
    lean, shall we say, CORBA ORB implementation than mico. Eventually
    (by word from the gnome mailing lists), gnome will be ported to
    OmniORB.

Well, most certainly GNOME won't switch back to OmniORB. Instead they are developing their own object request broker, ORBit. IIRC, you can see early snapshots of ORBit on Jim Pick's gnome snapshot site at ftp.jimpick.com.

	Gregor