Re: xanim and the dotofiles

Some time around  Thu, 21 Jun 2018 05:44:41 +0200,
         Michael Dietrich wrote:
 > no, that's not a new boygroup, it's a copyright problem. for special
 > decodings xanim uses non-free software. i found the needed .o files
 > for alpha. perhaps now is the moment to get xanim multi-platform
 > ready. there is a server with a lot of objects including the missing
 > for debian.
 > the question now is: shall thoses files be included in the distr?
 > (url is ftp://ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/unix/X11/application/xanim/modules/)

If they all have the same copyright as the 3 i386 ones that are currently
compiled in, we can't include them.  I asked the author of xanim, and he told
me that he got exclusive permission to distribute them, but he can't pass it
on to me.  My attempts to contact someone at radius miserably failed.  I think
the way it is now (or will be when i remove dotofiles.tgz from
orig.tar.gz) is as good as it gets.

 > --
 > see header
 >

 > --

Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net