Re: fltk anyone? + packaging questions

On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 05:01:28PM -0400, Gregory S. Stark wrote:

 > I already uploaded a fltk package.

 Yeap, I found it. For some reason it wasn't on the local mirror, and
 I saw a (relatively) old copy of wnpp which listed fltk as a needed package.

 > Incidentally, I just skipped form.h and glut.h, on the assumption
 > that someone could just could just create a dummy file like it in
 > their build directory.  Another place they could go is inside
 > /usr/include/FL, people would add -I FL to get them.

 Well, the documentation is clear enough, and the files are not
 really needed...

 > Another issue is that I built it with a prefix of /usr, not
 > /usr/X11. The FSSTND is ambiguous on this, but seems to imply
 > /usr/X11 is for the "X Window System" itself, not just any program
 > that happens to use X. And Personally I don't see any reason to put
 > X programs in a separate directory.

 I guess this answers my other email, then. I think the intention of
 having X11 programs on a separate path is for people who would like
 to exclude /usr/X11R6/bin from their paths... something along the
 lines of "if it's on the $PATH, it runs", which I don't personally
 support, but...

                                Marcelo