Re: FIX FOR HAMM: timezone problem

On 19 Jun 1998, John Goerzen wrote:

: Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes:
:
: > What exactly makes you say that the central timezone doesn't deal with
: > DST?  If you mean "US/Central" I will have to disagree with you. :) It
: > works fine here.
:
: It didn't work here.  I use xntp3 to sync my clock, and it would
: always get set to Eastern time until I changed to CST6CDT.  After
: making that change, it now gives results like yours.

Ok, fair enough.  I'm assuming you have the same program versions
installed as I do?  Do you have your hardware clock set to UTC or local
time?  (Someone said this is a red herring, but I'd like to know that
for certain).

Mine is set to UTC.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104