Re: Intent to package JDE (Emacs Java Development Environment)

On 1998/06/19, James Troup wrote:

> r.c.m.derooij@twi.tudelft.nl (Ruud de Rooij) writes:
>
> > Package: jde
>
> [...]
>
> > Depends: emacs20 | xemacs20-bin
>            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Why?  We run JDE on Emacs 19.34 here in the department just fine.

According to the requirements as listed on http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/, to
get JDE to work with [x]emacs 19.x, requires additional and updated elisp
packages, but JDE works out-of-the-box for [x]emacs 20.x.

> > Recommends: jdk1.1-dev

> \begin{just checking}You realise, of course, this puts it in
> contrib?\end{just checking}

Yes, I do realize that.  I think a Suggests type dependency is too weak
here since a significant amount of the funcationality of JDE would be lost
if jdk1.1-dev wouldn't be installed.

Greetings,

Ruud.

Ruud de Rooij