Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

Some time around  Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:07:24 +1000,
         Craig Sanders wrote:

 > elvis-tiny is small enough to fit on too (although that may have changed
 > now that we use slang rather than ncurses - can elvis-tiny use slang??)
 > and provides a decent editor for people who can't/won't use crap.

With all these elvis-tiny discussions, I have to remind everyone that elvis is
non-free.  Technically, it shouldn't even be present in the base system (is it
still?).  By having elvis-tiny in base, we are again being hypocritical about
our free software stand.

Of course, I might be wrong, and the copyright could have been changed now,
but the latest hamm package that I have installed still has the old copyright.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net