Re: Exciting Pilot/Debian news

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
> I am wondering if it might be a good idea to make a pilot, pda, palm,
> portable, or something category in the FTP site so these things can
> get out of otherosfs, which doesn't really apply very well.

Personally, I think it isn't too bad a fit, but there does seem to be
a small bit of inconsistency on where stuff like this should go:

   - casio (a sync utility for casio organizers) is in comm
   - p3nfs (mounts Psion palmtop as a file system) is in admin
   - libpisock3 is in libs
   - pilot-link-{dev,perl,tcl} are in devel
   - pilot-link is in otherosfs

Now, add to this kpilot, pilot-manager, prc-tools, palmpython(*),
xmldoc(*), and whatever other PDA-related tools are yet to be
Debianized (I know there is Unix stuff for the Newton, probably more
than p3nfs for the Psion, etc.) and there might be the potential for
even more confusion if everything isn't in more or less the same
place.

I don't think making a new section for PDA-related stuff would be a
bad idea, but otherosfs is still small enough that it might be more
trouble to create a new section than it is worth.  (I have no idea how
easy or tough it is to do so; it seems like it might be non-trivial.)

(*) palmpython and xmldoc are my own applications, which ought to be
Debianized very soon, as soon as I iron out some kinks in the build
process.

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB			Internet: rob@io.com