Re: INTENT: to pkg netscape 4.5 full debs(not 4.05)

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> As some of you might know, I have been working on full debs of netscape
> 4.05.  I have everything almost perfect, except for the reporting clause.

Is there any possibility we could get permission from Netscape to skip the
reporting clause? Frankly I'm concerned any such reporting directly from the
client machine would be a nasty privacy violation. Since it's going in
non-free anyways it doesn't particularly matter if it has debian-specific
permissions.

It would also be interesting to generate a pre-fortified version for nonus.

greg

PS: this may all be a distraction from working on real free software, but it's
a darned attractive distraction... It would be real nice to a have a proper
netscape package.