Need help with file-rc

Hi!

file-rc has one release critical bug.  I can't reproduce this bug
on my systems that use file-rc.  At the moment I don't think
that I'm able to track it down - mainly due time shortness.  Could
somebody please review it and investigate the problem.  I'd appreciate
a non-maintainer upload if needed or appropriate patches to fix it?
Please contact me in either case.

#23057: file-rc: rcS fails to complete startup
        Package: file-rc;
        Severity: critical;
        Reported by: Wakko Warner <wakko@ani.animx.ml.org>;
        14 days old.