Re: Important: Non-maintainer release flame!

At 16:10 -0700 1998-06-15, Dermot John Bradley wrote:
>Joel as you can see from the CC: headers above this email is going out to
>more than just yourself. The point(s) I'm making below I consider to be
>important to the Debian project as a whole.
>
>As can be seen from bug #23367, you sent me an email to tell me there was
>a newer version of gd than the most recent one I had released (as libgd,
>libgd-altdev, libgd1g, and libgd1g-dev). In the reply I sent to you I
>mentioned that I had only recently become aware of this new versionm and
>was in the process of preparing a package of it.

I wasn't thinking when I did that upload, I intended to remove it almost as
soon as I had uploaded it, but I was tired, and decided I would do it
later, and I guess I forgot.

>I now see that you have uploaded a non-maintainer release of this new
>version to master.debian.org! To be blunt I'm pissed about this...indeed
>this is *not* the first time someone has decided to do a non-maintainer
>release of one of the packages I've been working on without checking with
>me first.

I apologize, and have deleted my NMU from incoming (in the process
accidentally deleting libgdk-imlib* as well, oops{1]).

[1]Shaleh: please accept my apologies, I have replaced the affected files
(libgdk-imlib-dev_1.6-1.1_i386.deb, and libgdk-imlib1_1.6-1.1_i386.deb)
with copies from a mirror of incoming, so everything should still be OK.
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker
Debian GNU/Linux Developer