Re: Stop vi discussion

> [if not emacs or vi or ae,]
> > what then ?
> > joe.
>
> How dare you come up with such a logical solution to the problem!  And how
> can you be so unfair as to include my favorite editor but not everyone
> else's?  heh.

joe is not my favorite editor. it's the first editor i could use on linux.
now i'm useing vim for everything. and i know lots of people who started
linux with useing joe, and then learned something better like vi or emacs.
go, and ask some people, that did not knew unix before they used linux,
ask them if they used joe. most did.

sure, people useing unix for > 10 years, joe mighjt not be nice.
but a boot floppy can't hold everything ...

> Also, joe vs. ae sizes according to dpkg may be an issue:
>
> Installed-Size: 334
> Installed-Size: 83

i know. but there is also a small vi on the disk ? we can remove that one two.
not many small editors, but one that works.

for the abse system : AFAIK we have that disk space.
for the rescue disk: not all 334kb are essential.

andreas