Re: Stop vi discussion

Andreas Jellinghaus writes:
 > what then ?
 > joe.

Well, that's IMHO an idea worth worth studying.  When I first
installed Linux, I was coming from DOS and Borland's editors, which
joe mimics quite closely.

As a newbie, learning vi or emacs was not a short-term goal - I had to
do some effective work rather than learning some new editor.  Later I
learned emacs, but when starting I found joe to be a great compromise.

I would be quite in favor of replacing ae with something like joe.

Now another idea would be jed.  It's quite small (but maybe bigger
than joe, don't know, don't have joe installed any more), uses S-lang,
is emacs-likee, has vi emulation AFAIK.

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@mygale.org> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
isp-email:   <ydirson@a2points.com> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: