Stop vi discussion

what do you want on the rescue disk ?
 - your favorite editor ?
 	that's not possible, we cannot include every editor
 - only __your__ favorite editor ?
 	hey, that's unfair. and if it's emacs : too big.
 - a strpped down version of all editors ?
 	great: everyone will be unhappym because that lookalike will
	be crippeled.

my suggestion : one good editor, useable even by newbies.
reasoning: crippeled editors are no help at all. better have one working
editor.

does this mean emacs ?
no, emacs is too big. i'm a vi user, and i don't know how to use emacs.

does this mean vi ?
no, vi isn't useable by newbies. my neighbor is an emacs user, he doesn't know
how to use vi.

dies this mean ae ?
no. ae is nice, if want a crippeled, but very small editor.

what then ?
joe.

that's a stupid idea: nobody is useing joe, nobody likes it.
joe is useable for vi users and emacs users (even if it's a pain), and
every newby should be able to use it. go ahead, and invoke joe, try it.

you may flame me, but you have to write the flame with joe.

andreas