Re: /tmp/cca32686 ?

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 08:01:51PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> For some reason with the newest hamm I have been getting lots of cca*
> files in /tmp, they are all 0 size and all created by my user. There are
> about 1000 of them right now - anyone know what is making these files so I
> can file a bug?

On Sun, Jun 14, 1998 at 01:54:00AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman answered:
> gcc/g++. Ray is working on solving this and has almost reached a solution.
> Stay tuned.

Wichert is correct; with the current versions of gcc and egcc (Incoming),
this problem is gone. It resulted from a misunderstanding on my part about
the exact semantics of choose_temp_base in (e)gcc, which I modified to
reduce the vulnerability to attacks through symlinks in /tmp .

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,