Re: About 2.0.34 not being perfect

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:
> I've never had the kernel glitch on any of these (thankfully!) Sounds like
> there may be some obscure problems - I know the pre-patches did not work
> well on master. Perhaps we should chuck .34 on murphy and master and see
> how it handles there? - Let me know if it is likely to be put in hamm and
> I'll see to this.

If we show that it works reliably, including the modules requiring
recompilation for 2.0.34, then the release manager has okay'd putting
it in hamm.  Right now we're trying to get available packages for
2.0.34 pcmcia and oteher modules (the upload the the maintainer did
isn't suitable; join debian-testing if you want to find out more).

* Yann Dirson reports obscure tty/ppp/X interaction problem.

* We still hav the Joliet vs. Rock Ridge and I don't think we have
  solved that. (is removing Joliet support from the kernel the
  solution?  is the newer (not yet in hamm mkisofs that I heard about
  the solution?)