Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

greet all,

I am no guru. But let's stop this war! To me, choice of editor depends on
your experience, skill and task on hand. I use vi and my boss at work uses
emacs. We both like our own choice very much and enjoy the way our choice
works for us. But we never try to "convert" each other, fortunately.

For the experience of being converted to something else,
if you are a buddist, try being converted by a Christian or vice versa.
If you don't believe in any form of god, you are free to choose one or
create your own:-)

have  a peaceful sunday.

Jerry

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> > 	Most features? *VI*? or you mean XEmacs? Since when has vi
> >  been an editor with features? ;-)
>
> The biggest advantage of vi over xemacs is that vi is easier on the
> wrists. For example, vi's . command (repeat last command which changed
> the text) is something that doesn't make much sense in the xemacs
> environment (because you can always type ^x( command ^x) then ^x^e...,
> and a command to replace . would be about as many keystrokes).
>
> At one point, I almost had to give up programming because my wrists hurt
> so bad. Switching to vi from emacs (and taking better care of myself)
> mostly solved that.
>
> --
> Raul
>

> --

 YU, Zhongbin (Jerry)          		  In Nature I believe:-)