License

Where can I find a good reference to LICENSES?

We are looking at EW-too (the talker code) - here is the license:

 The EW-too code and concept are copyright Simon Marsh, August 1994.

 Permission is hereby granted for the code to be copied, changed, and
 used for any non-profit making purpose in any way you wish as long as
 you credit the original author and any other contributors. This should
 include a message that users of the program will see when they connect
 during runtime.

 EW-too is supplied as is. The authors disclaims all warranties,
 expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties
 of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose. The authors
 assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may
 result from the use of EW-too.

I would assume the non-profit part makes it non-free ...

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104