iso9660 survey : joilet or not joilet

here is a test image. on my 2.1 kernel it works well :
total 2
-r--r--r--   1 root     root           45 Jun 13 12:23 TRANS.TBL
lr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root            3 Jun 13 12:22 bar -> foo

on a plain 2.0.33 it doesn't work well :
total 1
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root           45 Jun 13  1998 <translation table>
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root            0 Apr  9  1974 bar

it was created with mkisofs 1.12a4, options -J -a -r -t -v -o test.raw test/

i would like to get informatiosn, whether it works on your machine.
very important : kernel version (a kernel with fat32 or joilet patch, or not ?)
please try the "nojoilet" option, and tell me if it helps.

most important : can someone verify this image against the current
boot-floppies ?

i guess that many people will like to have the official debian cdroms in
joilet format. we can fix the kernel we are shipping, so new installations
will not be affected. but what with people upgradeing from an old version ?
if "-o nojoilet" is enough to fix the problem, i will suggest useing the
joilet extensions, else i will create images without.

andreas