Re: Problems with javalex

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 12:03:34AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> I'd like to receive some help.  The program gets called with the
> following command
>
>   /usr/bin/java JavaLex.Main $*
>
> The main problem is that there is no JavaLex.Main file.  It is not
> included in the .tar.gz nor in the .diff.gz file and it isn't
> generated when the program gets compiled.

The class name is "Main", which would be in Main.class, part of
package JavaLex. /usr/bin/javalex adds /usr/lib/javalex to the
classpath, and /usr/lib/javalex has Main.class, which should work.

Still, I can't get it to work.

> As interim bugfix I have already requested javalex to be removed from
> hamm.  The question now is: Do we want to keep the package in slink?
> If we can't get it to work we should completely remove it.

With some of the script bugs previously reported and fixed in NMUs,
I wonder if it ever worked. Looks like I forgot to fix the missing
changelog in binary package though.

I think removing it would be best.

Hamish