Re: joilet fs for official cdrom

On 11 Jun 1998, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

[]
> So:
>
>  * We need a way to make the kernel prefer iso9660 with rock-ridge over
>    Joliet. The kernel currently prefers Joliet over iso9660 with
>    rock-ridge, so symlinks are invisible on CD-ROMs that are both
>    iso9660 and Joliet.
[]

I followed the discussion above. I have two SuSE Linux 2.0.33/2.0.34 systems.
The first system has my cdrecorder attached. I patched this one with the
Joliet patch and a 2k blocksize patch for my MO drive. This system prefers
Joliet over Rockridge.
The second system was not Joliet aware. I applied the 2.0.34 patch, which
seems to install Joliet support. This system does Rockridge before Joliet
and therefore knows about symbolic links.

Maybe this is the same for You people owning a cdrecorder.
Using a pure 2.0.34 kernel might help.

Ciao,
Thomas "Tom" Hohenberger

And remember: "The solution to a problem tends to change the problem".
  |  Thomas Hohenberger, Lehrstuhl Experimentalphysik V  |
  |  Universitaet Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth               |
  |  Phone: +49-921/55-3317   FAX: +49-921/55-3647       |
  |  e-mail: Hohenberger@lowt.phy.uni-bayreuth.de        |
  |  or:     Thomas.Hohenberger@Uni-Bayreuth.de     :-)  |