Re: joilet fs for official cdrom

> sad news : after i created cdrom images with -J (joilet) option,
> the symlinks were broken : plain 2.0.33 sees them as files,
> but 2.0.34pre (with joilet patch) understands them.
>
> i guess, i will have to create the official cdroms without joilet fs
> support.
>
> comments ?
I had the same problem with my selfburned hamm cd's...
the debian-hamm kernel seems to prefere joliet over
rockridge.... with   mount -o nojoliet   the symlinks worked...

another problem with joliet... a bug in mkisofs and mkhybrid
(at least in the newest available versioin arround april 6th)

when you make a bootable cd with joliet _and_ rockridge
the information for the bios that it is a bootable cd
is written one sector too late... the cd won't be recognized
as bootable.

If someone can tell me the author's email address i could

Roni (alias _crash)