Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

: Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
: > ae already does this, and provides a reasonably vi ish interface, just to
: > satisfy those whose fingers are only programmed for vi.
:
: Personally, I find ae's vi-compatibility even worse then normal ae: it
: tricks me into thinking it's vi, but I can never resist using some
: vi-magic which confuses ae and gives me horrible results.

Seconded.  I've been training myself to type `ae' rather than `vi' when
using the rescue disk - i've screwed things up too many times thinking I
was actually using vi.

Dale, I don't mind `ae' - it works :)  But the vi mappings I don't like.
Realising this is another of those religious debates I'll stop now :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104