Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.

new installations are done by windows users, not by unix system admins.
at least 90% ...
while ed, vi and emacs might be nice for old unix hackers,
joe is the right choice for old dos hackers.

i'm useing vim everyday, and i will rather use sed than ae or that mini vi.
joe would be acceptable, too.

andreas

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++

Gosh I forgot about joe (havn't used it since I went from slackware to
debian.  Joe is a sortof clone of wordstar.  Wow, I used wordstar for some
time before getting wordperfect. (Now at work I'm stuck with MS word.
YUCK!  Always getting documents infected with viruses).

If ae is a mini set of vi (cursor keys, insert, delete, write commands
same) then I would not get lost.

Anyone remember DEC's teco?  Is there a free clone of that?  Teco's macro
language was so extensive that I heard of a mad decee who wrote a startrek
game in teco.