Re: APT 0.0.16

jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Jason Gunthorpe) writes:

> APT 0.0.16 is available for both bo and hamm. Please let me know if there
> are any bugs that got missed, I'm getting very few bug reports these days.

It is running pretty fine, but there is one thing i personally find
very disturbing about it.  When using apt to retrieve newer .deb
packages from a Debian site it simply deletes the downloaded files
after having installed them and doesn't bother asking first. :-(

Whenever i download a .deb file i usually prefer to keep them around
for possible future use, but apt is not very cooperative in this
regard.  Sure, i could recreate the .deb files using dpkg-repack but i
don't feel really comfortable with this option since it can't really
recreate the original.

Downloading stuff via modem here in Germany is unfortunately very
expensive.  Especially for a student like me... :-(

                                Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------
   --------------- http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig -----------------