Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> ae already does this, and provides a reasonably vi ish interface, just to
> satisfy those whose fingers are only programmed for vi.

Personally, I find ae's vi-compatibility even worse then normal ae: it
tricks me into thinking it's vi, but I can never resist using some
vi-magic which confuses ae and gives me horrible results.

On my own installation disks (for local network use only) I'm putting
vim, with almost all options turned off. This gives me a small vi
which works even better then the original vi :)

Wichert.