Re: RFC: monitoring maintainers' vacations

Previously Yann Dirson wrote:
> What would be nice is a mechanism which would allow us to tell the
> periods when we're expecting to be totally offline, or have a sparse
> connectivity, or ...

Personally, I always install vacation when I'm away for an extended
period of time. Couldn't maintainers just install vacation on the
account on master? This way when someone mails them a reply
is automatically made stating the maintainer is away. More processing
could easily be added..

Of course, this only works for maintainers which use there debian.org-address
as their maintainer address, but I expect that people use other addresses
can install vacation locally.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl