Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980610153357.11661F-100000@dwarf.polaris.net>,
Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:
>If vi would fit on the rescue disk, do you think we would be discussing
>ae?

$ ll elvis-tiny
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        67244 Feb 22 15:45 elvis-tiny*
$ ll /bin/ae
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        24012 Apr 13 15:12 /bin/ae*

Is there a termcap-emulation mode in the slang library? If so,
elvis-tiny could be linked with it .. it uses termcap, not terminfo

Just throwing some fuel on the fire :)

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.