Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

> PS: If you say that a sysadmin expects "vi" to be there, link vi to ae on a
> rescue disk. He *will* have an editor, this should be sufficient.

Argh!

Please don't do this.  It used to drive me nuts to type vi and get ae (whether
in ae or braindamaged-vi mode).  If there is some vital reason for removing
vi, it should be replaced with a script that says something along the lines of:

  VI is missing from this rescue disk because of space constraints, although
  it is of course a standard part of any Debian GNU/Linux system.  In the mean
  time, you can use the simple editor that is available, which is called ``ae''

Cheers, Phil.