Re: Xinetd bug #20705

Hi again,

Norbert Veber <nveber@vtech.dyn.ml.org> wrote:

> Great, I didnt have time to install smaba yet, this saves me some work :)
>
> Did you try the fix posted in this list (same thread)?

I got your new xinetd package from Incoming, installed it and started
testing.

With the fix provided in README.samba everything seems to work
flawlessly. There's a typo in README.samba, though: it says
"flag=RESUSE" when it should say "flags=REUSE". I'll test this further
just to be sure.

I'll provide a README.xinetd file in the Samba package (it'll be your
README.samba file :-)

By the way, a couple of comments regarding xinetd:

- /etc/init.d/xinetd restart kills xinetd (xinetd exists) leaving the
machine useless from the network (no telnet in, no rsh, no ftp, no
nothing).

- /etc/init.d/xinetd reload does not reload the conf. file.

Am I missing something here? Should I file bug reports so this gets
fixed?

I guess for Slink we should shoot at getting a working update-xinetd.
If that's the case I'll add support for xinetd in Samba (for Slink, of
course :-)

Bye for now, and thanks for taking maintenance of xinetd.

See ya!

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris