Re: Xinetd bug #20705

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> According to the bug tracking system, he still is the maintainer.
> /usr/doc/xinetd/changelog.Debian.gz says that xinetd was moved to non-free
> at version 2.2.1-3. This was done on "Sat, 14 Mar 1998 03:31:50 -0500". I
> think it is a bad thing that the reason why it was moved is not mentioned
> at all in the changelog (or anywhere else for that matter).

I was the maintainer for awhile.  The torch has now been passed on.  I had
moved it to non-free because of a bug report(which has been closed for
awhile now, and already purged from the database).  I was in irc with the
new maintainer recently and I did some research, finding out that xinetd
was wrongly moved(by me) into non-free.  The original maintainer(Boris)
had made a copywright file, by copying parts of the xinetd copywright, and
adding his own statement.  The xinetd copywright, is free.  The new
maintainer has already fixed this.

Btw, the new version is in incoming, last I checked.

Adam