Re: Xinetd bug #20705

Remco Blaakmeer <remco@Cal011205.student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Hmm, I did wonder why you stopped answering my messages.

Sorry about that Remco, my apologies :-( I guess I got kind of busy +
was afraid of dealing with xinetd, something I have never touched
before :-)

>> Today I e-mailed Jeremy Allison (from the Samba team) asking about
>> issues to run Samba from xinetd. I am waiting for his reponse.
>
> Fine.

No answer so far...

>> Yesterday I searched the Samba mail archives for any information regarding
>> xinetd and did not find anything with the word "xinetd".
>
> :-( Does this mean the bug has been found by Debian users only and that it
> hasn't been forwarded upstream?

I have no idea. Can it be that not too many people use xinetd?

>> One other thing: it is my understanding that the other Samba daemon
>> (smbd) works fine with xinetd; the problem is with nmbd. Can anyone
>> confirm this?
>
> Yes, I can. smbd works fine under xinetd, the problem is with nmbd only.

And what about a configuration problem? Can it be that we need a very
special and wird parameter in xinetd to make it work with nmbd (or the
opposite way)?

Bye for now. I guess I'm going for xinetd now. Wish me look as I guess
I'll learn new things today...

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris