Re: so what? Re: Debian development modem

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Maybe we should raise our demands to our developers: We should probably make
> clear *before* someone wants to become a developer that the job of a
> developer is not only care about the packages he/she maintains, but also the
> quality of the whole distribution. This can mean that he should cooperate on
> general solutions as well as active work on other packages at release time.

Sure, but there's just too many good reasons for not fixing something
ranging from "If I fix this it'll break that" to "I can't reproduce this
and am not sure this is a real problem, but I can't disprove it either",
to "I just got married, debian can wait for a week" to "I'm not going
to be able to do much on my packages till I get out of the hospital" to
"I didn't see that bug last time I checked, and I don't understand why
my packages have been orphaned, as far as I know I've been receiving
email successfully every day for the last year," ...

--
Raul