Release management - politics

Just briefly: we will _not_ be voting on release process/
architecture.  This is a technical decision, and is therefore up to
the developers concerned (Brian, mainly), and the Technical Committee.
Technical design and decisions must not be left to a vote.

I'll be making another posting about technical matters.

I think that it would be generally a good idea to step back from the
details proposals that people (myself included) have been making and
try to identify some of the key issues and overall options.

Ian.