Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.

Hi all... another comment from the peanut gallery (i.e., non-voter) :)

J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk said:
>  We _must_ have a vi (or at worst, vi clone) available in the base
> system.

Why? I think you see vi as I see gpm and they see mc: as an "essential
convenience".

Fact about VI: it has two modes which make the keys mean totally different
things and don't announce themselves except thru the terminal bell. My opinion
about this: (deleted; form your own :)

Historical fact about VI: some people got really, really good at using it :)

-Jim