Re: What version of glibc in Hamm?

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998 aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu wrote:

> > > There is a good reason to include recent glibc into frozen - latest
> > > JDK-1.1.6 does not work with glibc from hamm.
> >
> > Umm, that's not a good reason.  Certainly nothing like a good enough
> > reason to justify us shipping with an *out of date* pre-release.
>
> Sorry?
>
> What I tried to say is that latest JDK does not work with glibc from hamm,
> but DOES work with (more recent) glibc from slink. And I proposed to move
> slink glibc into frozen (hamm).

There were two reasons for putting this in unstable.

First: this is not the release version, and we are not going to ship hamm
with a prelease (see appropriate bug report) version of glibc.

Second: this was supposidly the last pre-release before the final version,
and I wanted it to get some testing.

I will be coming out with a "final" Debian version in the next week or
two, depending on how much Ulrich stonewalls the upstream release.

Waiting is,

Dwarf