disk method of dselect still broken

I tried to install debian on a blank computer using the current
boot-floppies (2.0.6)

That worked very well, until after  reboot I was dumped into dselect,
selected NFS as installation method and was asked for the paths.

The method is still relying on bo-like paths. This had been reported as a
bug for version 1.4.0.21, even together with a patch. The version on the
base disks is the actual one, 1.4.0.22 but still contains this bug.

*I* know how to work around this. A newcomer wouldn't know it, and even
worse, the hint:

"I'll need to know where the top level of that copy of the
distribution is - this directory usually contains the Packages-Master file."

won't help a willing user at all. The script itself is looking for
the stable/binary-$iarch directory (which it can't find because the correct
name is stable/mail/binary-$iarch, but that had been covered by the bug
report already)

This bug isn't even marked grave or important. Why? This bug were the reason
that I'd throw the debian CD out of the (closed) window if I tried it the
first time.

This bug will be hit by each and every user installing debian from scratch,
and it is easy to fix. We should concentrate on the most likely to be
triggered bugs that remain, and IMHO most of the bugs still holding up the
release do not belong into this category. Which btw. means that hamm is
almost release ready in my opinion.

Nils