Re: `/etc/passd' locking glibc/shadow, PAM?

    Jules> --On Wed, May 6, 1998 8:07 pm -0700 "Karl M. Hegbloom"
    Jules> <karlheg@inetarena.com> wrote:

    >> From what I can tell, the method for locking the passwd and
    >> shadow files is not the same in glibc and the shadow utils.
    >> Can anyone shed some light on this?
    >>
    >> Is anyone working on porting PAM from Red Hat to Debian?  Is
    >> that planned?

    Jules> PAM is in frozen, but it's not actually used by any of the
    Jules> core system (passwd, xdm, etc.).  I assume that is planned
    Jules> for slink.

 Ok, I'll take your word for it.  I wonder how much work that will be?
 I imagine we can use the work what Red Hat has done on PAM.  They
 have used it for some time now.

 Maybe when I get through APUE[1], I'll look at it.  I'll try and help
 if I can.

Footnotes:
[1]  Advanced Programing in the Unix Environment, W. Richard Stevens