Re: DEITY TEAM -- REQUEST FOR FUNCTIONALITY and COMMENTS

Chris Walker:
> In order to run "make xconfig" when building a kernel, I have
> symlinked root's .Xauthority to my user level account, this works,
> but is not implemented by default, and there is must be a better
> solution. Xdselect will have the same problem.

One alternative is to have an alternate root account with same home
directory as your personal account.  Then, su to that account.

[A more elaborate solution would involve writing a wrapper around su
that pumps cookies into the root environment at su time.  This seems
overly complex, however.]

--
Raul