Re: `mod_rewrite', zcat-html, and /usr/doc/pkg/file.htmlgz

> I thik there should be a hook in the package installer to do
> compression automagicly, at local option.  I believe this was
> discussed.  Will it happen in Deity?

This will be implemented with the "doc-base" package.

Karl, thanks for your work on this. Perhaps this should be included in the
apache package. "doc-base" could check for "apache" and suggest to gzip
all html files, if it is installed.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com