Re: Non-free, Contrib and CDs (Was Re: GNU Win32? Not anymore.)

> From: Alex Yukhimets <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu>
> > What was meant by non-free in the _first_ paragraph
> > of "Social contract" passage:
> >
> >	We will support our users who develop and run non-free
> >	software on Debian, ...
> >
> > Does Debian support users developing something like applixware?
>
> Yes. Support in the sense that we will not oppose it, and we will not
> deliberately make it difficult for people to develop applixware. It
> does not mean support in the sense that we will provide an Applixware
> developers kit to people free of charge.
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce

Thank you. That's exactly what I meant in my previous messages.
"Social contract" is an example of using "non-free" term in two
_different_ meanings interchangeably. (As _all_ the software that does not
conform with "free software guidelines", and as a _subset_ of this
software, still suitable to be placed under non-free directory).

I think this should be cleared out. My proposition is to change the
name of "non-free" directory, another possibility is to reopen
"Social contract" for edition and additional discussion.

Thank you.

Alex Y.

> --
> Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@pixar.com   510-215-3502
> Finger bruce@master.debian.org for PGP public key.
> PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6  1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3
>

> --

   _
 _( )_
 |      _ 7           |            Alexander Yukhimets            |
  \    (")            |       http://pages.nyu.edu/~aqy6633/      |