Re: HTML-Editors?

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> What HTML-Editor are there, that can be packaged? I searched the
> web, and I'm afraid the good ones are for Windoze and commercial and
> have restrictive copyrights. If there is a good HTML-Editor (or more
> than one), I'm willing to package and maintain it.

[...]
> PS: Features of a "good HTML editor (system)"
> - knowledge of SGML (for language extensions)
> - frontends for text and gui
> - context sensitive tag extension
> - "templates" for site wide similar look
> - project manager: database for links and pictures (automagically changed)
> - many more (?)

Looks like you want to package "asWedit-3.0" for nonfree. It is IMHO
the best HTML editor around for Linux / Unix and an excellent GUI
program but it is definitely not free. It has a noncommercial version
for free usage though that is so powerful that it makes me wonder what
makes the commercial version any better. Check out it's homepage at
"http://www.advasoft.com/";  for more in depth information.

                                   Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de