Re: Non-free, Contrib and CDs (Was Re: GNU Win32? Not anymore.)

> > > Maybe starting with hamm a better categorization could be used. Like:
> > >
> > >   -Non-US    (already exists)
> > >   -No-profit (can't be sold for profit)
> > >   -No-sell   (can't be sold even for cost)
> > >   -Rest-use  (restricted use)*
>
> "restricted" is probably better.
>
> > >   -Stub      (installers - these can always be sold as they're made by us)*
>
> Why can't installers go into "main"?

Name of the installer package can easily confuse the user, s/he might
think that metro-x is shipped with Debian distribution (like RedHat does).
Frankly, I think they are of the nature "free stuff that depends on
non-free" and should go to "depend-problem" or something with similar
name. Not "other" though!

Alex Y.

--
   _